OCASA’s strategic priorities aim to professionalize college administration and strengthen leadership capacity in support of Ontario’s colleges.
The professional community shaping excellence in college leadership.
Connecting, supporting and advancing management and leadership in Ontario colleges.
Professionalism | Excellence | Integrity | Collegiality
- Peer/interest groups engage cross-college leadership
- Regional and professional development events expand networks of common interest
- Best practices are shared for system learning, growth and efficiencies
- Expert resources are identified for training support
- Learning pathway resources and information support advancement
- Cross-college mentoring opportunities enhance professional growth
- Career coaching, resources and tools augment career development
- Management essentials training equips newer managers for sector practice
- Leadership development programs support the Leadership Capability Framework*
- System orientation resources ensure sector understanding for administrators
- Research and resources equip administrators with relevant sector information
- Professional interests of college administrators are promoted
* Leadership Capability Framework as developed by Knightsbridge Human Capital Solutions for the Ontario college system.
Membership is open to administrators within Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts &Technology/Institutes of Technology & Advanced Learning and other publicly funded colleges/institutions in Canada. For complete information, visit the Membership page.
Commitment to Professionalism
- OCASA members are committed to the highest standard of professional conduct, acting with excellence and integrity. In the course of their duties, OCASA members aim to work in a manner that supports and promotes the strategic objectives of their local college and the work of their colleagues across the province.
- OCASA, as an association, is committed to supporting its members in their professional goals through advocacy, encouraging professional development, providing regular communications and facilitating opportunities for networking and mentoring. To this end, OCASA is committed to working collaboratively and cooperatively with college partners while also upholding the highest standard of professional conduct, acting with excellence and integrity.